As many of you know, I am a firm believer that you can have a fantastic Birthday Party at home or in the garden and I have some top tips on what to think about when organising a party at home in my next blog!
But as so many of my lovely clients in Fleet, Hampshire are interested in hall hire, I have compiled a list of my top venue choices and everything you need to know about them so I hope this helps! With Fleet in Hampshire being such a child-friendly area there is lots of choice so if your favourite venue is not on this list please do let me know!
Some things to think about before hiring a hall:
1. What services are included in the price? Most halls have several offers and some can cater food and drinks while others will not allow full use to the facilities so double check exactly what the price includes
2. Do I have to pay a deposit fee? To reserve a date, most halls ask for a deposit fee, which is usually 25% of the total amount.
3. What is the hall’s capacity? Don’t forget that your guests must feel comfortable at all times so try not to hire a hall that is far too big or far too small.
4. How many cars can the parking lot fit? It’s also a good idea to ask about parking arrangements.
5. Can I have a look before I book? Most hall managers will be more than happy to show you around the venue before you make a decision and this will allow you to ask any more questions you may have.
6. How long should I book the hall? Again, it is a good idea to speak to the Hall Manager as all venues have different policies when it comes to setting up the venue area but if you are hosting a 2 hour party, it may be worthwhile to book the hall for an extra hour to set up and organise the day.
Some Great Venues
The Key Centre, Elvetham Heath, Fleet, Hampshire
The Key Centre has ample parking facilities and is in a very easy to find location (next to Morrison’s). There are two different types of party, one in the Hall, and the other is a Play Party in the Heath and Village Rooms. They last for two and a half hours, and use of the bouncy castle in the hall if required is included. If you don’t need the bouncy castle, you can still use the hall, or you can hire the Heath and Village Rooms with their own children's toilets and outside play area. Party bookings in all rooms include the use of the kitchen.
The children’s party rates are:
Heath & Village Rooms: £59.95
To make a booking check out their website or call 01252 623700
Ancells Farm Community Centre, Fleet, Hampshire
Ancells Farm Community Centre is another great choice with lots of parking and a convenient location. The hall is available for party bookings and is a very decent size. The price at the weekends is £17.50 an hour plus VAT. This is for the Main Hall, other smaller rooms are available at more reasonable prices, but most people book the Main Hall. The Hall can be booked for however many hours or parts of an hour you require. Only the furniture is included in this price.
For any enquiries please contact the Centre Supervisor Karen Godfrey on 07702 834701 or email
Zebon Copse Centre, Fleet, Hampshire
Zebon Copse Centre has two main halls which can be combined into one large L-shaped hall by retracting the acoustic screen between them. Zebon Hall has a stage with comprehensive AV facilities and stage lighting. Crookham Hall has direct access to the kitchen and also has dedicated toilet facilities to enable users to be completely self-contained when Zebon Hall is in use by another group.
Zebon Copse Centre provides flexible layout, excellent parking, WiFi and an upgraded kitchen. The price at weekends is £16.80 for a single hall, or £27.00 for both halls. All prices include VAT and are the hourly rate. To make a booking enquiry, please follow this link: http://www.zeboncopsecentre.org.uk/zccBook.php?addr=zcc, or call 01252 615003
The Cross Barn, Odiham, Hampshire
The Cross Barn in Odiham is a great place to host a Birthday party and the Great Hall, the largest room in the Cross Barn, accommodates up 80 people and is a beautiful room with lots of old beams for a Princess feel! The venue has a fully equipped kitchen which is accessible through the great hall and is included when hiring this hall. Prices for the hall are £19.60 per hour (May – Sep), and £20.60 per hour (Oct – Apr).
For more information, contact 01256 701 803 or follow this link: http://www.thecrossbarn.org.uk/contactUs.asp